Re: Translation application on GSoC

Hi Marcos!

Congratulations!! I'm very very happy to see that this idea is going on, so we will have a good tool to translate PO files.

As Gil has said, I would create a solid structure to allow further development on it. For me, the basic features would be the following:

- ability to have several tabs open
- dockable panels for original strings, TM, string context (this is a very useful panel in GTR)
- local TM from PO files and ability to automatically download them from DL and create the TM (this should be easy to implement)
- check syntax in documentation PO file with pyg3t

For the summer, this will be far enough... in further stages, we can think about having more features.

Many thanks for taking care of this. I'm sure this project will be widely used by the GNOME translators community

Best regards