Re: Translation application on GSoC

Hi and congratulation for being accepted!

I almost mentored a GSoC related to translation tools this year, but the student applied to another project too and he decided to go for the other in the end.
The idea was to develop a web-app which would have provided an API for translation validation and previewing.

The "previewing" part could be useful for Gtranslator too.
You may want to provide integration with an existing web-service like Deckard[1] (which could be extended to suit your needs) or you could implement a similar feature directly in Gtranslator (this means downloading the right assets automatically from git).

Feel free to ask if you have any question.

Cheers,
Nicolas

[1] https://launchpad.net/deckard