Re: Translation application on GSoC

2013/6/5 Marcos Chavarría Teijeiro <chavarria1991 gmail com>
Hi!

Thank you for your congratulations and for your ideas!

Now I have a huge list of interesting features! :D However as Gil Forcada says, GSoC is just
a summer so I cannot implement all this features in this summer. On the other hand is important
to know what is out there so I can make a very extensible design.

The "previewing" feature would be very very interesting and useful but I don't really think I'm going to
have time for that this summer but is a must for the future ;).

Project vision has been requested almost for all translators so I will include it in my project.

* Auto-translation, including the feature for auto-translation of mass files.

I don't what you mean by "auto-translation". Does it mean using some external (Google
translate) or local (using the TM) tool to translate some strings?

Just speaking for me... I would say that whenever I open a file (or choose the option in the project about that) all untranslated strings are filled with a 100% match (maybe 90% is ok too) and marked as fuzzy so that they can be reviewed.

As for the source of matching: local TM I would say or on-line if there's an option for on-line TMs.

About the user interface my idea is a three column design quite similar to the original Gtranslator
application but where the plugins' windows should be detachable. What do you think?

I like the current approach that allows you to move the panels around, still something like Virtaal that allows you to focus on the translation (having the translation one next to each other, not below).

Cheers,

Best regards,
Marcos Chavarría Teijeiro.