Re: Translating schema files (was: Re: Survey results (yay!))

2010/10/31 Александър Шопов <lists kambanaria org>:
> Just do your own splitting of files. Splitting can be done with
> different strategies. Schema messages apart from the rest is one
> possible strategy, splitting gnome-games based on the game is another
> possibility. I have done splitting of po-files based on the size of
> strings for example - 1-300 chars -> 1st file, 301-500 -> 2nd file, etc.
> Do you need some help with the tools? I intend to soon split schema file
> from evolution to check the translations, perhaps I can share some ideas
> then.

It's not about tools. It's about:
1) statistics which are not suitable to small team goals;
2) translators which download files from Damned Lies to work on a
module and don't know anything about custom scripts/tools.

Both issues can be fixed by creating team's own infrastructure (its
own stats, its own file repository with schemas filtered out). But
then - what is Damned Lies for then? It's a bad solution for small
team - to host their own IT infrastructure.