Re: Survey results (yay!)

Hi!

El dj 28 de 10 de 2010 a les 22:54 +0200, en/na Petr Kovar va escriure:
> Hi!
>
> Gil Forcada <gforcada gnome org>, Sat, 16 Oct 2010 13:11:16 +0200:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm really proud (and shamed for the delay) to finally present to all of
> > you the first survey to our GNOME i18n community!
> >
> > First of all, a BIG THANK YOU!! to all coordinators who replied [0]
>
> And above all, big thank you, Gil, for this magnificent work! It really
> uncovers a lot, and enables us to think about our project management &
> planning in some quite new ways. It was a great idea to conduct such a
> survey in the first place.

Actually I miserably fail to send the (for me, and I hope for lots of
teams also) most important point:

In the same way that there's gtk+ and gtk+-properties, i.e. two po files
for a single module, it would be extremely useful for translators if ALL
schemas were going to a different po file and thus having a double
effect on translators:
- know which strings are actually visible to the users
- reducing a lot [1] the number of strings to translate to reach the
glorious 80%

Cheers,

[1] I want to gather some number to enforce my point before sending a
proposal (if as a gnome-i18n team agree on this) to the release team. If
anyone wants to spend some minutes getting this data would be lovely :)