Re: Translating schema files (was: Re: Survey results (yay!))

Hi!

> > Futher, I think extra po files complicate the build system quite a bit
> > and I really don't want to do that for my modules (anjuta has about 20
> > schema files though they aren't translated at all atm).

It's not only about the one-time change (which is a pain of it's own and
cherry-picking from other modules won't work at all because of different
setups) but also about the maintaince of the build system. I usually
spend 2 hours to fix distcheck for every release and 50% of the things
are related to l10n. Note that it's usually not a translators fault
(though sometimes) but should the difficulty to bring everything
together.

I am just pretty sure that you don't have a real chance to push that
through a desktop-devel-list discussion as people have far more
important problems to fix currently and definitly don't want any more.

I think we can solve the same by just improving our tools in a way to
allow gtranslator to filter by message-type for example.

Regards,
Johannes