Re: l10n for clutter

Hi!

Dimitris Glezos <glezos indifex com>, Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:03:56 +0300:

(...)

> Tao, I think you're 100% right that certain projects and translators
> would prefer having a more "global" system of translation teams.
> That's why projects such as GNOME, Fedora and others have such a
> strong L10n community. These were the communities we had in mind when
> adding the support for "Project Team Re-using/Outsourcing", giving the
> choice to developers to choose this model. Additionally, for some
> other upstream projects, having an upstream team might make more
> sense.

This seems to be quite a recurring issue, for what it's worth, since we've
had this (or similar) discussion before. The support for "Project Team
Re-using/Outsourcing" is surely an improvement in the current Transifex
implementation, so thanks for that, but from a translation community
perspective, I'm afraid it's still quite missing a point.

I think that community-empowered l10n infrastructure should be built upon a
paradigm that by default stress out the need for creating and/or
facilitating per-translation-team-based global translation community. I
believe that's the only effective way to do [community] translations in the
FLOSS world.

My 50 hellers,
Petr Kovar