Re: Bugs in translations in native language?

El sáb, 06-06-2009 a las 02:50 +0200, Petr Kovar escribió:
> Jorge González <aloriel gmail com>, Fri, 5 Jun 2009 20:54:30 +0200:
>
> > > It's usually best when people report bugs in Englisch but if they can't
> > > it's better that they report in their native language. Actually it would
> > > be good to translate the bugzilla interface as well.
> > well, if the bug is related with translations, why would it be better
> > to report it in English? for me it makes no sense. Just very few times
> > some ones (Andre, Claude, ...) have joined a l10n Spanish bug. I don't
> > see the point.
>
> The point is that guiding people to report bugs in their native languages
> to Bugzilla with English interface is a little bit impractical, or in other
> words, just odd. ;-)
well, I don't see it like that, there are many pages in English on the
Internet, and people from other countries still visit them (even just to
see pics).

The interface is not very difficult to understand, but I know many
people do not create bugs because it's in English or because they have
to create an account. I really believe that having bugzilla localised
would help, but anyway, if they have their desktop localised they will
write the "steps to reproduce the bug" in their language, not in
English.

Cheers.
--
Jorge González González <aloriel gmail com>
Weblog: http://aloriel.no-ip.org