Re: Bugs in translations in native language?

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 18:47, Johannes Schmid<jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> In the end, there's usually a lack of people willing to report bugs, that
>> applies to most of languages I think, so providing easier facility to
>> report than bugzilla.gnome.org is the way to go.
>
> I think this is a wrong approach. Bugzilla should be as user-friendly as
> possible to reporters as to developers. I think the simple bug form is
> quite ok, so the design could of course be better (lack of manpower
> here...).
Therefore, for users it might be translated into their own language.
And by the way it could be faster, some times I just die when I need
to open a bug :-p

> It's usually best when people report bugs in Englisch but if they can't
> it's better that they report in their native language. Actually it would
> be good to translate the bugzilla interface as well.
well, if the bug is related with translations, why would it be better
to report it in English? for me it makes no sense. Just very few times
some ones (Andre, Claude, ...) have joined a l10n Spanish bug. I don't
see the point.