Re: RFE: Vertimus and assigned translator

El lun, 19-01-2009 a las 09:58 +0100, Stéphane Raimbault escribió:
> 2009/1/19 Marcel Telka <marcel telka sk>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In our localization team (Slovak) we are working in a way where a module
> > is assigned to particular translator. So it is not allowed to _anybody_
> > (e.g. other translator) to submit updated translation.
> >
> > The reasons are:
> > 1. To have one person responsible for the translation.
>
> In which goal?
> Have a module untranslated because the responsible is on vacation :)
As Marcel pointed out, many times during vacation there are even more
translation commits.

> > 2. To maintain consistency of the whole translation of a module.
>
> It's for this reason that the French team has migrated from this model
> where some people were responsible of a few modules, because it was
> very difficult to achieve  consistency across the GNOME environment.
When you have a lot of people entering and leaving the team you don't
get that consistency, since they have to learn the workflow and the
style guides, which usually takes a while.