Re: RFE: Vertimus and assigned translator

2009/1/19 Marcel Telka <marcel telka sk>:
> Hi all,
>
> In our localization team (Slovak) we are working in a way where a module
> is assigned to particular translator. So it is not allowed to _anybody_
> (e.g. other translator) to submit updated translation.
>
> The reasons are:
> 1. To have one person responsible for the translation.

In which goal?
Have a module untranslated because the responsible is on vacation :)

> 2. To maintain consistency of the whole translation of a module.

It's for this reason that the French team has migrated from this model
where some people were responsible of a few modules, because it was
very difficult to achieve  consistency across the GNOME environment.

> 3. The bugs routing is simple.
I don't know why...

Stéphane