Re: Improving things for translators (part 2)

Em Seg, 2008-03-17 às 02:03 +0000, Simos Xenitellis escreveu:
> My preference would be for a simple command line tool that is described at
> http://blogs.gnome.org/simos/2008/03/03/designing-a-command-line-translation-tool-for-gnome/
>
> At this stage of translation we (local team) have the issue of managing
> the overall quality of the translations, making sure that terms are
> translated uniformly across packages.

I use jhbuild to fetch translation from the correct branch. That _is_
killing a fly with a bomb, but I don't have anything more efficient yet.

I don't understand. You use jhbuild for what?

On the main matter here, a new system/improving the one we have. It is very important to make sure that we don't compromize anyone ways of working. I understand that the different teams has very different processe for translation and QA. On the Danish team we have proofreading on the email list and then afterwards if I am satisfied that the review proces went as it should, I will commit the change. That means that at no point does anything get commited that hasn't been reviewed. So if you are talking about a system that would allow more people to commit it is important that it is possible to restrict that possibility, so you can inivite new people in without giving them the full acces. Otherwise we will end up with a situation like the one i Rosetta where there are only two different userlevels, a system that few upstream translators feel is comfortable for a proper translation and QA workflow.

Regards Kenneth Nielsen