Re: Improving things for translators (part 2)

Em Seg, 2008-03-17 às 02:03 +0000, Simos Xenitellis escreveu:
> My preference would be for a simple command line tool that is described at
> http://blogs.gnome.org/simos/2008/03/03/designing-a-command-line-translation-tool-for-gnome/
>
> At this stage of translation we (local team) have the issue of managing
> the overall quality of the translations, making sure that terms are
> translated uniformly across packages.

I use jhbuild to fetch translation from the correct branch. That _is_
killing a fly with a bomb, but I don't have anything more efficient yet.
In the pt_BR team people with SVN access take care primarily of quality
assurance, so I have a script to help me identify the changes the
translator made, if pofilter (from translate-toolkit) finds any error,
etc. I believe you already have something like that, and that you are
more concerned with damned-lies integration, but fwiw an old version of
my script can be found here:

http://leonardof.org/2007/08/18/my-translation-better-revision-routine/en/

Even if I'll continue to use the command line, I'd like l10n.gnome.org
to handle assignments, too. Currently, we use our wiki to do that:

http://br.gnome.org/bin/view/GNOMEBR/TradutoresTrabalhando

I guess some people would like to be able to commit translation through
the interface.

Leonardo Fontenelle
http://leonardof.org