Re: Boxes on Mageia
- From: Michael Hill <mdhillca gmail com>
- To: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange redhat com>
- Cc: Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl>, gnome-boxes-list <gnome-boxes-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Boxes on Mageia
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:33:56 -0500
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Michael Hill <mdhillca gmail com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange redhat com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 08:37:34AM -0500, Michael Hill wrote:
>>> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange redhat com> wrote:
>>> > virsh capabilities will also list guest types for plain QEMU emulation.
>>> > You need to actually look for guest types explicitly declaring kvm
>>> Can I create/generate them?
>> libvirt will refresh its view of capabilities everytime it is asked.
>> So you just need to make sure the KVM modules & devices are present.
> Thanks, Daniel. A KVM module showed up as soon as I installed the
> qemu package; I'll look for the devices.
No devices, just the kvm module. kernel/arch/x86/kvm also contains
kvm-amd.ko.gz and kvm-intel.ko.gz but kvm.ko.gz is loaded.
] [Thread Prev