Re: Boxes on Mageia

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 06:03:44PM -0500, Michael Hill wrote:
> Okay, added Mageia's qemu package which loads kvm module.  Next error is:

Thanks for all the debugging! I only started gnome-boxes. Should've
really done more and fixed all these packaging problems.

gnome-boxes-3.3.3-3.mga2 will require: qemu, qemu-img, libvirtsh

> Boxes-WARNING **: wizard.vala:136: Unable to start domain: internal
> error Process exited while reading console log output:
> qemu-system-x86_64: -spice port=5900,addr=127.0.0.1,disable-ticketing:
> there is no option group "spice"
> spice is not supported by this qemu build.

Another packaging problem. I need to rebuild qemu with --enable-spice.
Looking at http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=qemu.git;a=tree, it
seems *loads* of patches need to be applied to qemu. I need to
coordinate this with the maintainer. Bit too invasive to do on my own.

Seems you're the first one actually using this on Mageia :P
--
Regards,
Olav