Re: Boxes on Mageia

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
<zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange redhat com> wrote:

>>>   And you need to manually insmod/modprobe the relevant KVM kernel
>>> modules (which is something we really should solve ASAP).
>>
>> At least on Fedora / RHEL there should not be any need to manually
>> do any modprobing. udev rules / RPM %post scripts should be taking
>> care of this automatically already.
>
>  Ah that makes me feel much better (/me have been using everything
> from git) but I think it would be better if we fix this in upstream
> (libvirt?) to fix it for everyone.

Okay, added Mageia's qemu package which loads kvm module.  Next error is:

Boxes-WARNING **: wizard.vala:136: Unable to start domain: internal
error Process exited while reading console log output:
qemu-system-x86_64: -spice port=5900,addr=127.0.0.1,disable-ticketing:
there is no option group "spice"
spice is not supported by this qemu build.

Mike