Re: Boxes on Mageia

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 07:24:53AM -0500, Michael Hill wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:15 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
>
> > Packaged spice, rebuild qemu, added various dependencies to gnome-boxes.
> > Can create a VM now. Seems to start, but the screen remains black.
> > Command line says something that it cannot create/read some file. I'll
> > post later with the exact error messages... could perhaps be that I need
> > to restart some services or something similar (thought I did, but alas).
>
> Getting warmer...
>
> Boxes-WARNING **: libvirt-machine.vala:58: Unable to start domain:
> internal error Process exited while reading console log output: char
> device redirected to /dev/pts/1
> No accelerator found!
> KVM not supported for this target

Check that /dev/kvm exists and if not load the kvm-intel/amd kernel
module, as appropriate

We have just improved the error message in upstream libvirt for this
case:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-January/msg00292.html

> Maybe more configuration is reuired... now I notice with 'virsh
> capabilities' that all the guests are hvm.

virsh capabilities will also list guest types for plain QEMU emulation.
You need to actually look for guest types explicitly declaring kvm

Regards,
Daniel