Re: Gnome and support for the visually impaired

[quoted lines by Willie Walker on 2005/09/30 at 13:11 -0400]

>Orca attempts to address this problem by using a different
>"voice" when speaking uppercase characters/words.  The
>default is to merely raise the pitch of the normal voice,
>but it is configurable to be any voice from any synthesizer
>one might want to use.

That'd certainly work for those using speech. Even when using braille, however,
it's still nice to know the state of the lock(s) before typing. Consider those
applications which perform major functions in response to single key presses,
and wherein the function performed by a letter key is case sensitive.

EMail: dave mielke cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.