Re: Gnome and support for the visually impaired

Agreed.  In an earlier implementation of AccessX, we had
a ToggleKeys feature that would provide an audible indication
when the state of a lockable key changed.  I'm sitting behind
an archaic system right now, so I cannot test whether we
rolled this forward into XKB and/or whether the GNOME
implementation of the AccessX client supports this feature.

But...your implementation of locktones has some useful ideas
that ToggleKeys does not have:

   o Different tones for different keys

   o "--active" to play the tone continuously vs. only when
     the state changes

If XKB were ever updated, these would be nice RFE's.

Will