Re: Gnome and support for the visually impaired
- From: Samuel Thibault <samuel thibault ens-lyon org>
- To: Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman Sun COM>
- Cc: Dave Lister <emacsuser linuxmail org>, gnome-accessibility-list gnome org, marc acbradio org
- Subject: Re: Gnome and support for the visually impaired
- Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:29:32 +0200
Bill Haneman, le Thu 29 Sep 2005 15:15:21 +0100, a écrit :
> but we have the great advantage of having done the work in the open
> where all can contribute to its improvement.
Yes, that's precisely what should be explained to them indeed.
They say "open source is not accessible", which is wrong, but what is
true is "open source is not yet really accessible". What we can yet
point out is that "open source cannot but get more and more accessible,
even more than proprietary software".
But immediate switching every administrative employee to open source
is not possible right now. Is there a precise expected date for their
] [Thread Prev