Re: Gnome and support for the visually impaired

			On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 18:27, S�stien Hinderer wrote:
> Hi Sun folks & other listers.
> Hi Sebastien and all:

> Bill Haneman :
> > Samuel Thibault wrote:

> > >They say "open source is not accessible", which is wrong, but what is
> > >true is "open source is not yet really accessible".
> > >
> > I do not agree with this assessment.
>
> [snip]
>
> Hey Bill. Just for an experience, please do the followingthings :
>
> 1. Switch off your computer.
> 2. Close your eyes and do something so that you can't see anything.
> Are you really blind, now ? Ok, so:
> 3. Switch on your computer, choose any graphical mailer you like,
> and try to reply to this mail _without_ opening your eyes.
I haven't done this in awhile, so this WAS A GOOD EXERCISE.  i TRIED
WITH mOZILLA FIRST, BUT SWITCHED TO eVOLUTION.  i BELIEVE THE sUN
mOZILLA TEAM WOULD BE BETTER ABLE TO DO THIS WITH mOZILLA, SINCE i THINK
IT'S PART OF THE REGULAR SANITY TESTS.  mY TOUCH TYPING IS A LITTLE
ROUGH TOO.
> Just use a speech system, or a braille one, if you have one you know
> well enough.
i AM NOT NEARLY GOOD ENOUGH AT BRAILLE, BUT i AM USING SPEECH.

> Now... I'm waiting for your blindly sent reply.

i 		AGREE THAT THIS TOOK LONGER THAN IT SHOULD HAVE, AND i DISCOVERED A
COUPLE OF BUGS IN THE PROCESS.  lET'S KEEP THE BUG REPORTS COMING SO
THAT WE CAN MAKE THIS CONTINUE TO IMPROVE.

bEST REGARDS,

bILL