[Glade-devel] Hello Menu!!!

Juan Pablo Ugarte wrote:
On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 12:11 -0500, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
[...]
[...]
The idea is that the editor will let you add, remove, reorder and
change the type of menu items within the tree view. And show the
significant glade properties of the selected item on a side.

     Since you are embedding all of this functionality into the
actual treeview, which I think is a good approach; no need to
re-use the project-view code.

The tree view is working fine and now I have to take a decision on the
behavior of the editor, should it be "real time" or have an apply button
as in glade 2 (I prefer the "real time" approach). In both cases I don't
know what will happen with the undo/redo system.

Basicly; If you create your GladeEditorProperties with the
use_command arg as TRUE, then all property changes will be stacked
on the undo/redo stack; in either case, the property values will
be applied to the object real-time, other than that; just make
sure that all menu items are removed/created through the
glade_command API.

I think that its pretty pointless to have an Apply/Cancel button;
glade-2 had it but didn't have undo/redo, so there was purpose.

Regardless if you wait on me or not; please let me know what
you think of the plan, this is a good time to "get it right the
first time" :)

I think I don't understand quite well if the only benefit is that we do
not have to build the tree model I think it is not necessary but (there
is always a but) if you are thinking to do so, so the editor tree view
will be updated when something is modified from outside (deleting a
widget from the project-view)... well in that case it is a great idea.

Hmmm,
     I think its probably best for custom editors to be mutually
exclusive with the default glade editor (shouldn't be able to modify
properties add or delete widgets while the editor is in use).