Re: [Gimp-web] Check static.gimp.org

On Tue, 2015-11-10 at 01:28 +0000, Pat David wrote:
If you'd like to take a look at something, perhaps we can start with
something like twitter?  See what url query params are available for
us to link to, and we can see about adding the necessary bits to make
it work.

Or possibly Google+? :)
Sorry for the delay. Turns out support for URL parameters (as opposed
to heavy JavaScript widgets) is a little asymmetrical among the
different social media platforms, but I'm figuring it out. I've got
Google+ done, and I'm looking into the Twitter API.
I notice the live site at static.gimp.org doesn't yet have any social
media *icons*. Have we decided yet where we'd like to put those links?
I would imagine somewhere in the site footer. But there's also a
dedicated "Contacting Us" page, so it might also make sense to put it
there, although it would also make the social links less prominent. I
could just give you the code snippets and let you figure it out, or I
could attach git patches directly to Bugzilla this time.
While I'm at it, I can take a look at any other social media platforms
that we feel like supporting. Platforms where GIMP maintains a profile
and posts updates will need links for subscribing/following, while for
other platforms we might only have a "share this page" button at the
bottom of blog posts and tutorials. So which ones do we want to do?
~Andrew