Re: [Gimp-web] Check static.gimp.org

Hi Andrew!

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 5:39 PM Andrew Toskin <andrew tosk in> wrote:

This seems like the obvious solution to me: You can avoid adding
trackers by leaving out any iframes or JavaScript that Facebook or
Paypal might generate for you. Don't use any plugins or whatever, just
create normal anchor tag (<a>) hyperlinks, possibly wrapped around the
social media logos/icons. Is there any reason that wouldn't work?

Yes, this is the plan.  I was hoping to at least be able to build those
links so that they trigger the appropriate action on the other (social)
site side (pointing to and including meta information for the link post).

But yes, you're right.  In a nutshell the links will be static objects,
using static assets that we host.  Nothing will happen on other sites
without the explicit action of a user on our side (which I prefer
personally).