Re: [Gimp-web] [Gimp-developer] WGO Transition Meeting
- From: Pat David <patdavid gmail com>
- To: Sam Gleske <sam mxracer gmail com>
- Cc: gimp-web-list <gimp-web-list gnome org>, gimp-developer <gimp-developer-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Gimp-web] [Gimp-developer] WGO Transition Meeting
- Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 13:05:57 +0000
Thank you for pointing that out! I'll get them aligned (I rarely switch
between the download options other than building).
On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 1:24 AM Sam Gleske <sam mxracer gmail com> wrote:
Regarding the download page. I think it would be nice if the download
links were positioned in a similar area. For instance, when switching
between Mac and Windows downloads the links are in a significantly
different part of the screen.
That transition makes me lose focus but I think it's a minor issue if an
issue at all for others.
On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 2:11 PM, Pat David <patdavid gmail com> wrote:
For reference (thanks Sam!),
SGO = http://static.gimp.org
This is going to be the new website soon.
WGO = http://www.gimp.org
This site will soon be replaced by what is on static.gimp.org
On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 3:49 PM Pat David <patdavid gmail com> wrote:
We had a meeting today on #gimp-web around what needs to be done to the
new site (SGO) as we transition to replace the old one (WGO).
The consensus was that there are still a few things to iron out, but
we should be able to announce the new site in time to coincide with our
20th anniversary on November 21.
I am still soliciting any input that anyone would like to add (bonus
points if you actually use bugzilla to ease the tracking and
This is not a comprehensive list of things I'm working on for the site.
There are still lingering things that I didn't bother to add to the list
(static image asset social link stuff that's being looked at, including
donations links for instance).
Below is the list of items and notes from the meeting (
SGO Pre-Release meeting
- Tutorials Index - being rebuilt - only Free/Libre content from now
- Not internally linking to old (c) tutorials - but keeping URI's
- Tutorials - add section on contributing new tutorials (how-to),
- message template to send to ML specifying license.
- Acceptable licenses?
- CC-(0|BY)-(SA)? (not accepting NC/ND)
- Free Art (http://artlibre.org/)
- Create a more detailed "how to contribute a tutorial" section.
- Consider styling the tutorial list better (date/version/etc?)
- Aryeom is making new download page image + 404 error page image +
Wilber SVG for tiny icon
- Put the Wilber/GIMP link back in header on index page (Header nav)
- Distribute single column links across three columns in footer
- There are two styling ideas currently that are similar,
- Content pages
- News Items
- Need to fix some styling to be consistent between the two.
- Change <p> fonts from (Open Sans) weight: 300, color: #777
- Change to: weight: normal (400), color: #666
Download button on index page: version numbers are too close and
too small. Use better font? (same as the Windows download page buttons
- PD: I'll keep the font and style the spacing a bit better to
be more clear
- Check internal links for HTTPS
- Support HTTPS, no redirect for HTTP (allow browsing either
- testing branch?
- Yes - same way it is being used right now.
- Find a possible way to hook against a tag or branch for automating
push into master (after verifying testing)
Transition to www.gimp.org (check with schumaml to make this happen)
- keep old content around
- move to legacy branch (yes)
- add read-only legacy.gimp.org? (yes)
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list gnome org
List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
I prefer to encrypt my email
GPG FINGERPRINT 4096 KEY
8D8B F0E2 42D8 A068 572E
BF3C E8F7 3234 7257 E65F
curl https://keybase.io/samrocketman/key.asc | gpg --import -
Learn how to encrypt your email with the Email Self Defense guide:
] [Thread Prev