Re: [Gimp-user] Canvas Size on Crop

The 'text problem' has been discussed many times, and the root cause is
people not understanding how the tools works. I did (for my own
satisfaction) quite a lot of fiddling with the tool + its options, and I've
been able to reproduce all the issues that I've seen reported. As far as I
can recall the issue was that the users were trying to change things in two
places, in the on screen editor, and in the tool options. Changes in the on
screen editor only apply to that box. Changes to the tool options apply to
either the current box or the next box created. Changes to the current box
are never (so far as I can make out) applied to the tool options. There is
no hidden default. The tool options can be changed and are saved between
sessions and the next time you open GIMP they will be the same as they were
when you last shut down.

Cliff

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 11:20 PM Ofnuts via gimp-user-list <