Re: [Gimp-user] Canvas Size on Crop

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 3:38 AM Ruben Safir wrote:

Better - DITCH IT

Dear Ruben,

From the three emails you sent, my understanding is that:

1. You have no use for non-destructive cropping.

2. You assume that everyone else in the user community shares your
opinion on this.

I hope I got it right.

Personally, I'm perfectly fine with 1). People have different use
cases and workflows, that's why this is an option rather than a
hardcoded behavior. Once you set it to do what you want it to do, it
stays that way forever.

However, 2) is factually incorrect based on users' feedback we've got
so far. Hence "ditching it" would actually mean that we do _not_
listen to users.

We _might_ reconsider enabling this option by default though, but that
would require vastly more people chiming in to tell us to, indeed,
reconsider.

I hope it makes sense to you.

Alex