Re: [Gimp-user] Canvas Size on Crop

We did not break anything :) We added a non-destructive mode and
enabled it by default.

Honestly, when you say things like this, not only are you wrong,
but it is also very insulting.

 Can you tell me the setting that returns the gimp to sanity?

Enabling the "Delete cropped pixels" checkbox in Crop tool's options
restores the old destructive behavior

Just get rid of it so I don't have to remember useless obscure
information in my old age.

All of that has been documented:

https://www.gimp.org/news/2020/06/11/gimp-2-10-20-released/#basic-non-destructive-cropping

You can't find it like that.  Try indexing as something an end user
understands like useless retaining of canvas size after cropping which
then needlessly blocks the screen, and there seems to be nothing you can
do about it (to quote Arlo Guthrie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CJA8RRLWuQ

I have all the time in the world to waste on that drawn out explaination
to fix your bug.

We need to update the user manual though.

Better - DITCH IT
Better - DITCH IT
Better - DITCH IT
Better - DITCH IT