Re: [Gimp-user] Canvas Size on Crop

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 5:21 AM Ruben Safir wrote:

Hello

I thought I asked this before, but I can't find any reference to the
previous email on any search engines... so here we go..

Why is it that now when I crop the image that the canvas sticks out.
Why did you break this?

We did not break anything :) We added a non-destructive mode and
enabled it by default.

 Can you tell me the setting that returns the gimp to sanity?

Enabling the "Delete cropped pixels" checkbox in Crop tool's options
restores the old destructive behavior

All of that has been documented:

https://www.gimp.org/news/2020/06/11/gimp-2-10-20-released/#basic-non-destructive-cropping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CJA8RRLWuQ

We need to update the user manual though.

Alex