[Gimp-user] Fonts, Windows 8 and GIMP 2.8.4

I assumed so, but it could of course have been an error in the file
that
is distributed with GIMP.

Now,

<dir>WINDOWSFONTDIR</dir>

is supposed to work - the WINDOWSFONTDIR is a variable that is
recognized and replaced with the actual fonts directory value by
fontconfig when this library reads the file.

Can you put the original line back and check with a tool like Process
Monitor where the fonts files are being searched?

Process Monitor:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Process Monitor Usage:
http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Defrag-Tools/Defrag-Tools-3-Process-Monitor

Tried the PEMonitor -Cannot find any special process that's got something to do
with font-loading.
Tried with original fonts.conf & reset Preferences. Result: fonts load OK, work
OK.
Put back edited fonts.conf file.Fonts loaded & work OK.
Settings: Single Windows, Tool Options: Add Tab, Fonts.
Usage: Pick font from fonts list prior to typ[ing text, or type text, select
text,pick font from fonts list.
That's all I can come up with.
This concludes my involvement with this topic.
best regards,
BBeiter

--
BBeiter (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)