Re: [Gimp-user] Fonts, Windows 8 and GIMP 2.8.4

On 26.05.2013 16:19, BBeiter wrote:
So this doesn't work because of the . in there (but why would it work
on
all other windows versions then?)?

Michael,
The "dot" in there is a typing error.My mistake,sorry.

I assumed so, but it could of course have been an error in the file that is distributed with GIMP.

Now,

<dir>WINDOWSFONTDIR</dir>

is supposed to work - the WINDOWSFONTDIR is a variable that is recognized and replaced with the actual fonts directory value by fontconfig when this library reads the file.

Can you put the original line back and check with a tool like Process Monitor where the fonts files are being searched?

Process Monitor:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Process Monitor Usage:
http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Defrag-Tools/Defrag-Tools-3-Process-Monitor