[Gimp-user] gimpx? possible malicious software using Gimp name

Hi all,
     I just received a text message on google voice with something which
was made to look like a failed image embed that led to this page
http://imgsend.com/?photo=792MBQ which talked about requiring a gimp photo
viewer for a .JPG.GMP file.  Links lead to a gimpx.org domain which thing
looks like a malicious site crafted to fool windows users into installing
malware to me.

If I'm incorrect and this is somehow a valid tool please let me know to set
my mind at ease.  If not, does anyone know if there's something that can be
done about it?