Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP Site Redesign

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:50 PM, Kasim Ahmic wrote:
Thanks for the tips! I'll make sure to keep all that in mind when getting
back to the overall look of the site. Right now, I'm focusing on using
Twitter Bootstrap to recreate the site with a more fluid layout. I found
that the Carousel Example
(http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap/examples/carousel.html) slightly
resembles the current design. I can easily redesign it to look like the
current site but the only issue I'm having is that the body still seems to
be fixed (aside from on mobile devices and tablets) which is what I'm trying
to avoid. I've never worked with Twitter Bootstrap or anything similar
before so I don't really know what I'm doing. Any suggestions on what I can
do here?

Not using carousels would be a good start :) They are usability killers.

Other than that, it's generally advised to use Bootstrap wisely and

Here's some initial info:

http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/tag/bootstrap/
http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2013/03/12/customizing-bootstrap/

And since Snashing Magazine is so awesome, here's some more useful info:

http://mobile.smashingmagazine.com/2012/10/24/beyond-common-media-query-breakpoints/

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org