Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP Site Redesign

On 04/12/2013 10:41 AM, Sam Gleske wrote:

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Kevin Cozens <kevin ve3syb ca> wrote:
On 13-04-11 06:33 AM, Kasim Ahmic wrote:
Over at the Web List I've posted this redesign that I made from Mike Finch's mockup.

http://kasimahmic.koding.com/works/GIMP/
[snip]

So tell me what you guys think of it so far!

It looks good but you could tighten up the design. It uses a lot of space for little information, but that may be in part that it is a sample of the appearance of the front page without the final content.

I don't think it's that big of an issue.  We live in an age of high resolution monitors.  Higher resolution images would be good to take advantage of that.

High resolution monitors might be frequently installed but many people won't use them at high resolutions.   My point is assumptions should be avoided as much as possible.   With that being stated, I agree that I don't think the use of space is that big of an issue.

Peace...

Tom

--
When we dance, you have a way with me,