Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP Site Redesign

If possible, I'd like to see a system that only uses whatever language to generate the site if there is an actual change. Anything important that is served to the user should be static, i.e. the site should continue working except for changes when we just plainly remove PHP/Python/Perl/Ruby/Go from the server or have to disable any dynamic features temporarily (0-day, anyone? ;) temporarily.

I'm sorry but I don't have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about. Anyway, I plan on making everything but the blog hard coded with HMTL. For the blog, I'd like to use Chyrp simply because it's lightweight and incredibly easy to use. We shouldn't need all the extra features that WordPress has to offer considering it's really only text and links in the blog posts. It comes with a great looking default theme but I'd like to change it to make it match with the current homepage. If you want, you can check out Chyrp here: http://chyrp.net/

Now back to the homepage. Aside from making it fluid and adding the "widgets" at the bottom of the body, is this the final product? Are there any more things I should add?