Re: [Gimp-user] Layer group

> Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 20:47:14 -0400
> From: gerald gb-photodujour com
> To: gimp-user-list gnome org
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Layer group
>
> Is it possible to create a new layer group from a selection of layers ?
>
> I know that it's impossible to select more than one layer at the time
> but since the introduction of the "layer group" concept ...
>

> --
> La Photo Du Jour
> http://gb-photodujour.com
> Sur internet depuis juin 1998

Related to this, I've been thinking about writing a script-fu for a slightly more advanced version of the "New layer" command (if one doesn't exist already).  Something that gives you control over:

- Size (image/current layer/custom)
- Initial contents (FG/BG color, B/W, transparent)
- Stack placement (above/below current, or create group with current)

As for the ability to select multiple layers at a time:  This would definitely make creating layer groups easier on a pre-existing image.  And for draw purposes, tools could probably just act on the topmost (non-locked) layer in the selection....

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com