Re: [Gimp-user] [Request] Do not confirm closing if unsaved image was exported/overwrited ?

Liam R E Quin writes:
On Fri, 2012-09-14 at 00:34 +0000, minhsien0330 wrote:
Dear developers:
Can we have a new option "Do not confirm closing if unsaved image was
exported/overwrited" ?

It would defeat the purpose of moving Save to Export - that of avoiding
accidental work loss.

Accidental work loss is the main reason I dislike the new model.
I don't much mind the Save vs. Export split, or remembering when I
need to type Ctrl-E vs. Ctrl-S -- but it's frustrating that I no
longer have any way to tell whether all my JPGs have been
sav^H^H^Hexported and therefore it's safe to quit GIMP. With
the 2.8 model I actually have more risk of work loss, not less.

When I wrote Save/export clean, I wrote it for other people and
didn't really plan to use it myself -- I wanted to adapt to the new
model -- but I find I do use it, for that reason.

I would like to be told exactly *what* I'm about to lose, since even xcf
is lossy (does not store undo history or active fonts, for example).

That would solve the problem for me. I wouldn't mind so much getting
the warning dialog when I quit if it gave me some way to tell whether
all the JPGs have been safely exported. Especially if it grouped
the neither-saved-nor-exported images first, so I could notice them
without scrolling through every image touched during the session.

The compromise is to be told whether I've exported each image when I to
go to close it, and in what format and with what filename. I've been
told 2.8.1 does this.

Maybe 2.8.3?  2.8.2 doesn't do that, just: "There is one image with
unsaved changes: [Untitled]-1". No export or filename info, not even
the original filename.

        ...Akkana