Re: [Gimp-user] [Request] Do not confirm closing if unsaved image was exported/overwrited ?

On 09/15/2012 08:00 PM, Akkana Peck wrote:
Ofnuts writes:
If you forgot to export as JPG but saved the image as XCF, then you
can reopen Gimp and produce your JPG. Trouble, yes, data loss, no.
Seriously? You save an XCF copy of every JPG you crop or rescale?
For about 8x-20x (depending on size and compression) the disk space?
I doubt many people would want to do that.

When I only crop/rescale I have other tools, like Digikam.

This said, this isn't what I was saying. What I said that saving as XCF "by accident" may make you lose some time, but will never make you lose data, because you can always save the JPG again from the XCF.