Re: [Gimp-user] [Request] Do not confirm closing if unsaved image was exported/overwrited ?

On 09/16/2012 02:23 AM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
On Sat, 2012-09-15 at 23:12 +0200, Ofnuts wrote:
[...] saving as XCF
"by accident" may make you lose some time, but will never make you lose
data, because you can always save the JPG again from the XCF.
This isn't always true.

For example, after working on a photograph I scale it down e.g. to 600
pixels across, and export a jpeg. If at that point I save the xcf file,
I will lose data, because xcf does not store the undo history.

You can also delete layers and save as XCF, and complain Gimp deleted your layers...