Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

On 09/11/2012 05:05 AM, Daniel Hauck wrote:
On 09/11/2012 04:25 AM, Steve Kinney wrote:
My word processor responds to "control-s" by saving the open
document in its own native format, which does not happen to be
suitable for distribution to end users. [etc]

Which word processor might that be?

Open Office saves to ODT.  If you keep editing and re-saving
documents in an "undocumented" format with Libre Office, eventually
you will encounter a very annoying problem due to progressive
corruption of the internal markup code.

Inkscape does not do this.

Inkscape saves in SVG format.  Lots of luck getting that to display
in software that expects raster image files.

I'm no troll.  I see both sides of the issue.  But don't put out
stuff that isn't true.  So please, which word processor(s) are you
talking about?  Which vector editor are you talking about?

No comment, other than "own petard, etc."

/trollfeeding

:o)