Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

I too have ranted about this topic. Not to get into it again, I would like to point out a couple of things:

1. This change doesn't remove functionality.  It only moves it.
2. This is not a show-stopper in any sense of the word.

and sorta 3. Someone has created some sort of script which restores the original behavior. I have not tried it and I probably won't. It takes some getting used to and, yes, it is a type of behavior which is not like many other programs so a greater unified behavior has been compromised. But the script, if it's a huge problem for you, might be your best solution.

Not to hijack the thread (because I know I'm not going to help make any change) but if there was any REAL complaint which is a show-stopper for many, it would be that GiMP relies on GTK. And since my OS of choice (CentOS/RHEL) does not use a new enough version of GTK, I cannot run the latest GiMP without some serious compromises and a lot of work. (The REAL fault is that GNOME decided to go with an application library for its desktop environment)

The point is, there is a huge difference between an annoyance which can be worked around and a real-live show-stopper. The GNOME-GTK-GIMP connection creates a horrible show stopper for people who don't want to use GNOME 3.x... and can't run Mate (yet).