[Gimp-user] DON'T HATE the new save vs. export behavior

I LOVE the export feature!
I make a LOT of price tags in GIMP. It is WONDERFUL to export the file and not have to re-open the .XCF file
over and over. It saves a lot of repeat processes.

I also love the new tab interface for open GIMP files!

I rather like it actually...

I do GIMP workshops for (mainly) old ladies who don't know the first thing
about computers, but enjoy themselves doing silly photomontages and messing
around with pictures of their grandchildren. They used to regularly lose
their only original versions of pics through not knowing the difference
between "save" and "save as" (and also not knowing the meaning of
"backup").
Now I can relax because this "export" business has created a safeguard
against that sort of thing, though I hate to think what will happen if my
old ladies (being deviously expert at messing things up) discover the
"overwrite" command.

:-)

--
ang3la (via gimpusers.com)