Re: [Gimp-user] DON'T HATE the new save vs. export behavior

Am 17.07.2012 22:08, schrieb isabel brison:
I rather like it actually...

I do GIMP workshops for (mainly) old ladies who don't know the first
thing about computers, but enjoy themselves doing silly photomontages
and messing around with pictures of their grandchildren. They used to
regularly lose their only original versions of pics through not knowing
the difference between "save" and "save as" (and also not knowing the
meaning of "backup").
Now I can relax because this "export" business has created a safeguard
against that sort of thing, though I hate to think what will happen if
my old ladies (being deviously expert at messing things up) discover the
"overwrite" command.

Glad to read this.

But I guess the old ladies wouldn't find the opt-out switch for this
behavior in the GIMP preferences, if there was any. So you could still
be relaxed and happy.

:-)

--
Johannes