Re: [Gimp-developer] New Image/Color Management option

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 8:11 PM, Elle Stone wrote:

If you have a clear vision, how color management should work in GIMP,
please share it.

1. Get rid of the babl flip code and attendant linear vs "gamma" precision
code. Rip it completely out of babl, GEGL, and GIMP. I wrote a patch for
this back in 2014, and I'd be happy to write a new patch for today's code
base.

2. Apply my patches for allowing to edit in any well-behaved user-chosen RGB
working space.

A start on the above two items is available from my github clones of
babl/GEGL/GIMP: https://github.com/ellelstone

I vaguely recall design issues with your former proposals, but I for
one would welcome a technical review for your patchset.

Alex