Re: [Gimp-developer] New Image/Color Management option

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 9:04 PM, Elle Stone wrote:
On 06/04/2016 01:50 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

Including softproofing?

Of course not.

Given the tensions, we are not in a situation where "of course I meant
something entirely different" is a sensible approach to a
conversation.

2. "File/New/Color manage this image".
   Unchecking this option does NOT disable color management, but merely
assigns the GIMP built in sRGB profile to the image, which is already the
default color profile for new images.

Supposing the option was renamed to be more explicit about what it
does, would it still bother you?

Is this rather sidewise-seeming question a ploy to draw attention away from
more important issues that Gez is trying to draw attention to?

Thank you for testing my patience with annoying, misplaced questions.
It's precisely what I need on a fine Saturday night.

Namely the
fact that GIMP is morphing into an image editor that won't serve the needs
of the target audience outlined in the GIMP vision statement?

Have faith, Elle.

Alex