Re: [Gimp-developer] Export instead save directly

> I still think that there should be a file->import as it's really hard to tell people JPEG and PNG are not native to GIMP when it opens them just fine.

Yes, I had the same thought; the current system is asymmetric. If it is insisted that non-xcf files cannot be saved and are exported instead, so they shall be also only imported instead of opened. But when I can open a file, then I expect that I am able also to save it. OTOH, as the application can detect which format is being opened, and choose automatically between opening of the native format and importing of other formats, so maybe the best solution could be simply change the label from "open" to "open or import".