Re: [Gimp-developer] Export instead save directly

I think the real intention was to prevent the user from accidentally
writing to a file format that throws away any layers which have been
created and other useful image information. It was a little strange at
first for me, but I've gotten quite used to the hotkeys for exporting. It's
a shame to revert to 2.6 just for this reason. You miss out on a LOT of new
functionality, and all you've really done is save yourself the minor
trouble of learning a different save hotkey combo. Ctrl-E = Export or Alt +
F + W = overwrite. I use it as a celebration of each successful image edit
(Alt [F]or the [W]in!) ;)

There, now you may remember it. :)
Hope you reconsider!

My 2p.