Re: [Gimp-developer] Export instead save directly

* A. da Mek <a da_mek0 ufoni cz> [02-29-16 10:20]:
If there were a vote, I'd vote to keep it the new way (and I process a very
very high volume of product photos with GIMP).

But those are two different questions:
1) Whether to use the "new" interface or the "old" one. This was already
decided long ago.
2) If the users, accustomed to the "old" interface, are properly informed. I
would recommend some short explanation like this:
When you want to "save" a non-xcf file, use "overwrite" instead.
And when you want to "save as" to a non-xcf file, use "export as" instead.

And that msg has been explained *here* ad nauseam.  Please take a moment
to view the list archives.