Re: [Gimp-developer] Cage Transform Tool's transformations

On 17 March 2015 at 18:20, Elle Stone <ellestone ninedegreesbelow com> wrote:
On 03/17/2015 02:51 PM, Joseph Bupe wrote:

Ok Alex, the progress bar in the link below is what I am referring to. It
appears between every tweak on the Cage transform tool.

Link: http://s4.postimg.org/qqlkwjx4t/snapshort.png

I just feel it's too disruptive because I have to halt and wait for the
progress bar to run every single tweak.

Everything works faster on a smaller image.

Unlike simpler edits like Curves, currently the transform tools don't save a
record as a recallable transform.

Let's say you open a smaller version of the image and make the cage
transform. Could the transform steps be recorded and then "replayed" on the
full-size image? Or would coding something like this be just as complicated
as making the transform faster in the first place?

Pippin wrote a great answer on the way that will be fixed, and some
other improvements
that can be done GIMP side in the future.

As for the present, a workaround find by  my colleague Americo Gobbo,
is to turn off the visibility
os the layer to be "caged".
So: duplicate layer, hide layer, draw cage based on the duplicate,
turn visibility back on, apply cage.

  js
 -><-

--