Re: [Gimp-developer] Search Action dialog feature

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 12:12 AM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog gmail com> wrote:
I bet I could type 'wav' and it would head the list
(if not, 'wavel' should bring it to #1).

I finally checked out the branch and it's really quite nice.  '/, w,
a, v, enter' and the Wavelet decompose dialog pops up.

I mostly use key shortcuts for tools, but I like how it shows
'Dodge/Burn' and 'Blur/Shapen' tools with their respective shortcuts
if I enter 'burn'.  Beats having to hover the toolbox and wait for the
tooltip.

I've only spent about 10 or 15 minutes with it so far, but I'm
impressed and would use it as-is in stable.  So much the better if the
search algorithm gets some more tweaking (eg, not sure why entering
'layer' brings up the crop tool as #1).  I can already tell it would
be handy when looking for actions that I don't use that often and are
under some filter sub-menu, or on a dockable menu that might not be
focused.

I'm already in the habit of 'ALT+i, f' to flatten, but might come to
use '/,f,l,enter' instead.

UI-wise, [deleted a bunch here].  It's nice that it remembers the
pop-up placement and size.  I moved the window up a bit and made it a
bit taller and that works for me ;)

Nice job!  Any chance we can pretend all the ideological debate never
happened and just merge it? ;)

Chris